Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Cutest Thing Ever (Fox and the Coyote Pups)

The cutest thing I ever saw was I was riding my quarter horse, Fox, into the ravine (in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) and his head went up and he nickered. I thought, oh someone else must be train riding nearby and he senses one of his horse buddies...

We went around the bend and there was a coyote! I looped my hands in Fox's mane but he wasn't acting scared so I just sat still and let it play itself out. Rather than scared though he looked even happy to see her. She approached and I was really surprised but stayed as still as I could. She looked at me and Fox put his nose down and they sniffed noses and I think my jaw was going to fall on the ground, but then she went into the bushes and out came 3 coyote puppies! The cutest ever!

They all were so cute and bouncy and he smelled their noses too and bounced around his front hooves and I couldn't believe my eyes, and then as soon as they appeared a few seconds later they were gone and the mom went back into the undergrowth too.

It was so awesome and I was so flattered and such a privledge that the animals allowed me to be included in that episode, most animals would not let a human be involved in something like that.

I figured they must know each other as the mom would probably go down to the paddocks to get mice and ground squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment